CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
Winter Wunderkammer Holiday Art Sale
(formerly the Post-Postcard Show)
Have your work seen! Spread Holiday Cheer! Help Support The Lab!
The Lab is pleased to announce Winter Wunderkammer and is inviting you to participate! This event marks our 15th annual Community Exhibition and Holiday Fundraiser (formerly The Post-Postcard Show).
Artists, crafters, makers, writers, designers, and all community members are invited to contribute a set of small format multiples -- whether that be a series of hand-made objects, jewelry, zines, production run prints, or anything in-between.
On December 9 and 10, we'll be opening our gallery as a cabinet of curiosities, inviting viewers and buyers to experience the richness of the local arts community. Guest DJs, warm spiced wine, and yummy holiday treats by Delicatrocities will make this years showing and shopping experience festive and fun. This is an excellent opportunity for artists to have their work seen in the community and to help support The Lab as an essential arts organization in the San Francisco Bay Area. We believe that collecting engaging, quality, and beautiful works should be accessible to everyone.
Open to everyone. All media and processes welcome. Handmade, production run, whatever! The one criteria is that all work must fit in the provided box.
5"H x 6"W x 11"D (exterior dimensions).
Boxes provided by gallery when work is delivered, you do not need to provide your own box.
FEE : $20 / box.
Registration is FREE for Lab Members. Become a member today and get your box for FREE! Artists may have more than one box. Each additional box is $10.
One of a kind work may be priced between $1 - $50. Multiples may be priced between $1 - $25. Whole numbers only (i.e. $10, not $9.99). ALL items in the box must have the same price.
The Lab will retain a 50% commission on all sales. Artists also have the opportunity to donate 100% of the sales to The Lab. The Lab is a 501(c)3 registered non-profit and all donations to The Lab are 100% tax deductible.
Your donations and support of The Lab help ensure that The Lab is able to continue supporting YOU, the visual, performing, media, sonic, and literary artists of the San Francisco Bay Area. Thank you for your support!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
1. Register to be a part of the event.
To register please visit: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGtuS0FyVTBCUHBXUklQNUxQRmgzY2c6MQ
2. Get making! Have all of your goods ready for sale and drop them off at the The Lab on Saturday December 3 or Sunday December 4 between 11:00am – 4:00pm.
3. Invite everyone you know! This event is a great way for viewers to learn about Bay Area artists and designers while doing some holiday shopping and supporting The Lab.
4. Come to the opening party Friday December 9, 2011, 6:00 - 11:00pm. The sale also continues Saturday December 10, 11:00am – 4:00pm.
5. Pick up your un-sold works on Sunday December 11, 11:00am – 4:00pm.
6. Have a great holiday season knowing that your goods are out in the world and that you helped support the local arts community in San Francisco!
The LAB extends great thanks and appreciation to Southern Exposure and Four Walls gallery for offering us the opportunity to carry on the tradition of organizing and presenting this show. We would also like to thank Tim Jag for his original concept for Post-Postcard.